Sharp & Rimmer Solicitors
Home | Ed Rimmer | Colin Rundle | Richard Sharp | Services | Location | Contact
Sharp & Rimmer Solicitors - Services - Probate


What does it mean? When somebody dies it is usually necessary to obtain a Grant of Probate of their Will. This means filling in a form or two and submitting the papers to the Probate Registry. If there is no Will the procedure is similar, but the grant is then called a Grant of Letters of Administration.

How can we help? This is one of our specialist areas and we can help you either by dealing with the whole matter from start to finish or, if you prefer, by handling the application for the Grant and then handing over to you to finish the winding up of the estate, with a bit of help from us if and when necessary.

What will it cost? If we are to take responsibility for the entire process we would normally base our charges partly on the value of the estate and partly on the time spent. We can explain this in greater detail when you contact us. In other cases we would probably charge on an hourly basis or agree a fixed fee with you in advance.


VAT No 132 4303 18. Our services are provided by solicitors of England and Wales,
Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
SRA registered number 599595